Any questions or comments regarding the use of your Personal Data, or if you wish to exercise your rights and request information, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Last updated: July 2020
The Orange Notebook Ltd is the controller of your personal data.
The Orange Notebook Ltd
52 Cherry Street, West Midlands, B63 3RQ
Company No: 12563563
Our data protection officer is Director, Alina Stancu. If you have any questions about how we use personal data or wish to exercise your rights and request information, please email email@example.com.
Personal data – factual or personal information about a specific or specifically identifiable person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data.
Data subject – a natural person whose personal data is being processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We / us (either capitalized or not) – The Orange Notebook Ltd
Personal information – any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. Personal information includes but is not limited to, the following if it identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could be reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household:
- Identifiers – real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Commercial information – including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories of tendencies
- Internet or other electronic network activity information – including but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an online website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Personal information does not include publicly available information lawfully made available from government records or information that is de-identified or aggregated.
As a data subject, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- You have the right to access the personal information The Orange Notebook Ltd holds about you free of charge. This is known as a Subject Access Request. In order to make a request, please contact the email address listed above: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to request rectifications, where appropriate and taking into consideration the purpose for which we process your data, for inaccurate or incomplete data.
- You have the right to request erasure of personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete. This is a limited right which applies, among other circumstances, when the data is no longer required or the processing has no legal justification. There are also exceptions to this right, such as when the processing is required by law or in the public interest.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes. If you ask us to delete your personal data, we will continue to maintain a core set of personal data comprising of very brief information. This is to ensure that we do not inadvertently contact you in future. We may also need to retain some or entire financial records for statutory purposes.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data when that processing is based on specific criteria such as the public interest or other legitimate interests, unless we have compelling lawful grounds to continue.
- You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. This is a limited right which will apply in specific circumstances and for a limited period.
- You have the right to ask for the transfer of your data electronically, in a machine-readable format, to a third party.
- Where the legal basis for us processing your personal data is your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint, in the event we refuse your request under the right to access, we will provide you with a reason. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled, please contact email@example.com.
General information data collection
We understand how important it is to treat the data we capture correctly. We do not, nor will we ever sell, rent or loan any data to 3rd parties that identifies you without your consent.
We may collect personal information from you. The main circumstances are as follows:
- When you submit an enquiry via one of our websites forms – we may collect your name, email address, telephone and other information.
- When you contact us directly, we may keep a record of the correspondence including contact information.
- When you use our website, we will collect:
- We use a feature of your internet browser called a ‘cookie’ on the The Orange Notebook website. We do not use ‘cookies’ to retrieve personal information about you from your computer. We will only gain such information if you have knowingly and willingly provided such information to us.
- We may collect information from your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about users’ browsing actions and patterns for reporting.
The Orange Notebook are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and have taken out technical and organisational measures to keep your data secure. To view our data protection policy in full, click here.
We are committed to:
- ensuring that we comply with the eight data protection principles, as listed in our data protection policy
- meeting our legal obligations as laid down by the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR May 2018
- ensuring that data is collected and used fairly and lawfully
- processing personal data only in order to meet our operational needs or fulfil legal requirements
- taking steps to ensure that personal data is up to date and accurate
- establishing appropriate retention periods for personal data
- ensuring that data subjects’ rights can be appropriately exercised
- providing adequate security measures to protect personal data
- ensuring that a nominated officer is responsible for data protection compliance and provides a point of contact for all data protection issues
- ensuring that all staff are made aware of good practice in data protection
- providing adequate training for all staff responsible for personal data
- ensuring that everyone handling personal data knows where to find further guidance
- ensuring that queries about data protection, internal and external to the organisation, is dealt with effectively and promptly
- regularly reviewing data protection procedures and guidelines within the organisation.
General information on how we use data
We may use your personal information:
- to provide you with information or marketing communications on our services that you request from us
- to make you aware of related services (but only with your consent, and / or where required)
- to notify you of any changes to our services
- to assist with any contractual obligations between us
- for reporting and monitoring purposes.
We will retain your personal data no longer than it is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed, except where legal obligations otherwise exist.
Information on sharing and collecting data
We do not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission.
We will take reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal data is not disclosed to regional / national institutions and authorities, unless required by law or other regulations.
We may update this policy from time to time to ensure we comply with any national or international regulations regarding the use of personal data. If there are any significant changes in the way we treat personal information, you will be able to find a prominent notice on our website.
Further information about nature and role of the used cookies can be found in our Cookies Policy.